The Analysis Toolpak, a free excel add-in, allows users to run simple regressions.
How to Install the Analysis toolpak:
1) Open Excel 2013
2) Go to File-> Options
3) Click "Add-Ins"
4) Click "Go" next to manage excel add-ins
5) Check box next to Analysis toolpak in order to install and click "OK"
To Run a Regression in Excel:
1) Graph the data, it must be linear or else another type of regression must be run (i.e quadratic etc.)
2) On excel toolbar, go to Data-> Data Analysis
3) Select "Regression" and click "OK"
4)First select the Y variable, the dependent variable which is influenced by other factors.
5) Select the X variable(s), the independent variable(s), which are not influenced by other variables. These variables help to explain Y.
6) Run the regression
Regression Data Interpretation:
© 2014 While all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the content of this site, we make no guarantee of the correctness of the output. For suggestions or comments please email: